Monday, July 30, 2012

Love Like Fire

     Spending a week away from Miami made me realize my growing hunger for God's presence.  I just came back from my youth group's camp on Saturday, and it was sooo Incredible that I cant even put it into words. Before I left I asked God to speak to me and to use me in any way he chose to. And that is exactly what he did.  

This past week was full of God's spirit, love, grace, and his precious face. I remember thinking God was going to move in my heart, but I didn't realize how much he would move. He awoke my heart and Ignited a burning fire for his Spirit. He renewed my confidence in him and reminded me that I am His and He is mine. 

One of the many things that God showed me at camp : to truly follow God means to fully deny all of me. Meaning I have to give up everything that pleases my flesh, all my hopes, dreams, desires, and fears. I have to deny myself daily, pick up my cross and follow after Him.
'Jesus said to all of them, "If people want to follow me, they must give up the things they want. They must be willing to give up their lives daily to follow me."' Luke 9:23



God wants to use our lives, but we must first surrender all that we are and find ourselves in Him. He wants to use our simple lives to make His love known. So now I want to encourage you, the person reading this, I want to tell you that God has AMAZING plans for your life. Plans that go beyond anything you could hope for. But first you must deny yourself completely, surrender YOUR plans for your life and let his Spirit guide you into the direction he wants you to go. 

I encourage you to keep seeking His face daily. Pray daily for a dose of his Spirit and a hunger for his presence. I pray God may reveal to you his plan for your life, he loves you with a burning fire. May he shine his face upon you and renew your spirit with His love. God Bless you guys! 
"So let us be thankful, because we have a kingdom that cannot be shaken. We should worship God in a way that pleases him with respect and fear, because our God is like a fire that burns things up." Hebrews 12:28

P.S. I leave you guys with a worship song that spoke to my heart & spirit at camp. This song reminds me that God's love is like a burning fire in our hearts. If we let it, His love will consume us and burn for all the World to see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment